Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Acorn
macrumors 68020

NOOK reader app

I bought some nook books but im having trouble reading them on my mac. I downloaded nook reader and on mountain lion it freezes and doesnt fully load. I read online this has been a common problem for awhile now and you should use Nook study instead.

well Nook study works and stuff but it skips pages when reading. so you will be reading and its like page 13 then 15 then 16 then 19. you can get to the missing pages directly by putting the page number into search but you cant just read the book like normal without it skipping.

does anyone know of an alternative app that will read Nook Books? (DRM epub)
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:14 PM   #2
Acorn
macrumors 68020

well i converted them and was able to read them using another application. however the formatting isnt the best and overall the nook book experience has been pretty bad. From now on I will stick to regular kindle books. I have no issues with those.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store