iMovie uploads to YouTube - poor video quality! - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 9, 2013, 02:52 PM   #1
Big Stevie
macrumors 6502a

iMovie uploads to YouTube - poor video quality!

Ive just used iMovie to make a video from my GoPro Hero 3 Black camcorder, and uploaded it straight from iMovie to Youtube.

But youtube had downscaled the video quality from 1080P to 320, which looks really bad. What did I do wrong? Should I have just saved the movie to my MacBook and then uploaded it to youtube?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 04:01 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba
macrumors Core

If you did not edit it, directly uploading the file from the GoPro would be faster.

What settings did you use for the iMovie project or during the import and what settings did you use for the export?

You can make screenshots and attach them to your next post, if you are uncomfortable reciting those settings.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 05:32 PM   #3
Big Stevie
macrumors 6502a

Ive just had a look at the iMovie export settings and noticed that exporting directly from iMovie to youtube restricts to a lower setting by default..

Ive since tried exporting to my Macbook hard drive (selecting the highest setting of 1080P) and then uploaded to youtube from there, and it worked. Its now on youtube in 1080P. But I suppose I could still have uploaded it direct from iMovie but selected the higher setting.

Guess i shouldn't have been in such a rush and allowed time to read what I was doing

Thanks buddy

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store