Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbacabMR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
I currently have an old iPod touch (don't know if its 2nd or earlier) with 8G. It works perfectly fine for my usage (Podcasts, music and two or three key apps that are critical to my quest to improve my fitness level). I can't put on it certain apps I purchased and so far it's not a big deal).

Upgrading to the IPT4 would be nice as I prefer the smaller size I currently have compared to the IPT5. And I could go the the cheaper 16G. (Currently maxed out with my 8G).

The camera would be a nice add-on to my current older iPod... the microphone to capture meetings would be good too....

But I prefer the 'vintage look' of my current iPod ... and it has a 'used' look full of scratches on the back and even one on the screen... I just dump it in my shoulder bag and do not worry about it...

So... in waiting for iOS6 to have its bugs fixed.. I'm letting things settle down and will reconsider an IPT5 after a few months... I may go for the IPT4...

All in all, it's a very good device / tool.... I wanted to go 'Android' for the cheaper units... but after finding out that the upgrades of Android may or may not be available for any given unit ... it makes any purchase risky of being 'stranded' without any more OS upgrades... for the one or two 'pros' that Android would have given me... it's not worth it (in my view).

So I'll keep reading and learning about the current IPT5 and make my mind eventually....

hoodedwarbler12

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
Tennessee
You can get refurbished iTouches straight from Apple here. They're having a huge sale right now so if you want one you better get it fast. Even better, these might still come with iOS 5, I'm not sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.