Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtmart12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
i recently bought Logic Express 9 for my mac. i had previously been using Logic express on my brothers mac. i did alot of work on my brothers mac in logic and was wondering if it would be possible to export an entire project from my brothers logic on his mac to the logic on my mac so i don't have to use his mac anymore and i can just use mine. like i don't want to export the files as individual mp3's or something like that, email them to myself from my brothers computer, and have to drag them into my logic on my mac.

please if anyone has knowledge on this, please let me know.

thanks.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
i recently bought Logic Express 9 for my mac. i had previously been using Logic express on my brothers mac. i did alot of work on my brothers mac in logic and was wondering if it would be possible to export an entire project from my brothers logic on his mac to the logic on my mac so i don't have to use his mac anymore and i can just use mine. like i don't want to export the files as individual mp3's or something like that, email them to myself from my brothers computer, and have to drag them into my logic on my mac.

please if anyone has knowledge on this, please let me know.

thanks.

I'm not a Logic user or even a Garage Band user but I have often faced situations where I wanted to take my work with me to a different computer. Here is what I suggest...

You might be able to figure this out for yourself with a simple experiment. Open a project on your brother's Mac then save it as a new project. Only this time hit the down arrow or twisty to show more detail. Note where it is putting the file. Perhaps you can pick the desktop instead of whatever folder logic is attempting to use. You can then copy the file, files or folders you just saved over to your Mac and see if Logic can open them there. I would think exporting as any kind of wav or mp3 file would lose something like all the individual instruments or tracks you mixed would all be merged into one audio stream and you would no longer be able to edit them separately. Definitely focus on the save as or export method and you should be able to figure out for yourself what is saved, where it is saved and what you need to copy to another Mac to resume work on a different machine.

There is also the possibility that you will need to copy some software instruments or other add-ons over to the other machine as well.

hope this helps...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.