Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
This is weird can somebody explain to me why when transferring a file from an external HD to my HD internal on my iMac...the file transfer is finished. Though when looking at the icon it has a progress bar with an X where I could close/delete the folder?

If I knew how to take a screenshot id show you guys:mad:

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Here is what Im talking about whats this crap? Did they not get transferred over correctly?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at 11.33.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at 11.33.01 PM.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 494

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Those bars indicate that the transfer is still in progress...I guess you could force a re-start, then check to see if the files have copied over. If you get the "File Transfer In Progress" message or similar, then Force a re-boot and check again.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Those bars indicate that the transfer is still in progress...I guess you could force a re-start, then check to see if the files have copied over. If you get the "File Transfer In Progress" message or similar, then Force a re-boot and check again.
Why would they show this though if the window that showed its progress finished?

iWaiting

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
its a bug in ML been there for a while ( from 10.8.0 )

reboot clears it and the file is OK

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
its a bug in ML been there for a while ( from 10.8.0 )

reboot clears it and the file is OK

That explains it thank you

I was scared to transfer to computer then delete the file from an external. Good to know it transferred fine.

----------

Right on macman !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.