Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 10, 2013, 03:06 PM   #326
designaholic
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bristol, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiroteus View Post
This can be a good thing and a VERY bad thing as some updates may not want to be done.
I'm sure there will be some control over this. No one wants to have a huge update happen on a data plan.
__________________
jamiebrightmore.com
designaholic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 03:07 PM   #327
aggiesrwe03
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: TEXAS
Instant reply

When is apple gonna listen and realize we want to ********* reply to a text message in the pop-up and not stop what we're doing close our current app, and pen the messages app to reply to a message, its one effing button, I will never give up my jailbreak os until this feature is built in!!!!! APPLE LISTEN TO ME I DON'T CARE IF THE PHONE DOES MY LAUNDRY AND FEEDS THE POOR, WE WANT QUICK REPLY!!!!!
__________________
13" MBP Retina, 11" MB Air, 128 gig. iPhone 6+, 128 gig iPad mini retina
aggiesrwe03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 03:08 PM   #328
daneoni
macrumors G4
 
daneoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiesrwe03 View Post
When is apple gonna listen and realize we want to ********* reply to a text message in the pop-up and not stop what we're doing close our current app, and pen the messages app to reply to a message, its one effing button, I will never give up my jailbreak os until this feature is built in!!!!! APPLE LISTEN TO ME I DON'T CARE IF THE PHONE DOES MY LAUNDRY AND FEEDS THE POOR, WE WANT QUICK REPLY!!!!!
apple.com/feedback
__________________
15" rMBP Core i7 | 27" ACD | AEBS | 5G iPod | iPhone 5S | 3G Apple TV | rMini
daneoni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 03:08 PM   #329
Pianoblack3
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Gargoyle View Post
That black contraption looks like something that escaped from Michael Dells delirious brain.
It will become cable hell. Just imagine 10-15 external devices...
This tiny device will (thank God) be hidden behind a thick web of cables going to numerous equally ugly external devices.
I can sense Steve Jobs rotating in his grave. He would never ever let a hideous abomination like that miniature black sprayed trash can wear an apple logo.
He would instead fire anybody that came up with an idea close to the idiocy of this black sprayed trash can.

Argghh I feared this would happen eventually...
Not to mention the fact it's cylindrical, which means all hardware within the device must be tailored for and only for that design.

My god Apple, your one tower/somewhat expandable piece of hardware and you turn it into another "Look how much we can fit in so little!". And someone says it lights up… have Apple lost the plot!?
Pianoblack3 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 03:11 PM   #330
satcomer
macrumors 601
 
satcomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Upstate NYS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Gargoyle View Post
That black contraption looks like something that escaped from Michael Dells delirious brain.
It will become cable hell. Just imagine 10-15 external devices...
This tiny device will (thank God) be hidden behind a thick web of cables going to numerous equally ugly external devices.
You never been in a Network Center before?

Quote:
I sense Steve Jobs rotating in his grave. He would never ever let a hideous abomination like that miniature black sprayed trash can wear an apple logo.
He would instead fire anybody that came up with an idea close to the idiocy of this black sprayed trash can.

Argghh I feared this would happen eventually...
You obviously forgot how ThunderBolt works with chains on one cable. The Arrgghh part comes into play with the lack of Thunderbolt 2 devices to replace PCI cards. Plus the life of a Mac Pro in being able to upgrade video cards. Time will tell if this takes off or falls flat.
__________________
Mac Pro Dual 2.8 Quad(Rev B.), 16 G RAM, OS X 10.9, 23'' LCD
Mac Book Pro Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, SuperDrive, 2G RAM, OS X 10.7.5
iPad 3, 32 black
satcomer is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 03:12 PM   #331
Xiroteus
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by designaholic View Post
I'm sure there will be some control over this. No one wants to have a huge update happen on a data plan.
True, they may have a on and off switch for that, options are always good.
Xiroteus is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 03:27 PM   #332
designaholic
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bristol, UK
The iOS7 Safari icon takes the crown from that new iTunes icon >_<

(I can sense the feverish Dribbbling starting already)

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiroteus View Post
True, they may have a on and off switch for that, options are always good.
Yeah no doubt on that. The settings app wasn't shown at all – keen to see the UI. Hoping to grab an iOS7 dev beta but –as expected– the site is getting hammered hard! https://developer.apple.com/
__________________
jamiebrightmore.com
designaholic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 03:30 PM   #333
Nimrad
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellewiet View Post
You really believe that the real main target of Apple for their keynote (not WWDC) is the developers? Dude, don't be so naive.
Talking about APIs, releasing developer betas, talking directly to the developers etc etc. I do. Getting PR is part of Apple's allover strategy, not the keynote itself.
Nimrad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:04 PM   #334
Macmuft
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
can anyone provide me a link of the official video, on my macs it does not display at all …
cheers
Macmuft is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:05 PM   #335
designaholic
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bristol, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by designaholic View Post
The iOS7 Safari icon takes the crown from that new iTunes icon >_<

(I can sense the feverish Dribbbling starting already)
Sod it, I had a go myself!



http://drbl.in/hUai
__________________
jamiebrightmore.com
designaholic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:20 PM   #336
Ndynslvr
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Does anyone know where a PC user can watch the keynote? I've seen a bit of spoilers already, just want to watch the keynote.
Ndynslvr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:41 PM   #337
j4zb4
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nia820 View Post
no it won't. i tried watching it using chrome. you gotta use safari.

I just read your reply... Thanks though...
j4zb4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 05:26 PM   #338
Dr.Gargoyle
macrumors 65816
 
Dr.Gargoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: lat: 55.7222°N, long: 13.1971°E
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcomer View Post
You never been in a Network Center before?
Do you remember the ADC that Apple (read Steve Jobs) developed just to get one cable less?

Same thing with the old MacPro, the inside is tidy.

Everything Apple have made the last 10 years have been clean and tidy, minimalistic but highly functional.

This contraption is niether.

I can see how this is going to look like if you need a couple black sprayed trash cans. Cable hell.
Since they are cylindrical, you cant rack them and get rid of all the cables that way.
Cook basically created an ugly Cube/Mini on steroids and now he is trying to sell it as the second coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satcomer View Post
You obviously forgot how ThunderBolt works with chains on one cable. The Arrgghh part comes into play with the lack of Thunderbolt 2 devices to replace PCI cards. Plus the life of a Mac Pro in being able to upgrade video cards. Time will tell if this takes off or falls flat.
I agree that those who are in a need of a MacPro wants something they easily can upgrade, but they also want a functional machine.
Round isn't functional. It is design for designs own sake.
I want all my computer gizmos contained, either in a server rack or in a computer box. Different sized round objects are very hard to contain in a small volume. Just how many round boxes have you seen?

Consequently, I will be stuck with these trash cans and various peripherals on my already cluttered desk. Just how functional is that for you?

Design for designs own sake is ok if you buy a phone. It is NOT ok if you buy something that provides you with an income.
From what I can tell so far, nothing in the trash can can be upgraded.
How is that for upgradability??

That said, I am not against this idea of a modular computer, but this machine doesn't cut it. As far as I can tell now, it just isn't functional for the job it was built for.
Just my 2c.

I honestly hope you are correct and I am completely wrong about this.
I hope I am the proverbial #500 thread, but I doubt it
__________________
Don't insult the freaks.

Last edited by Dr.Gargoyle; Jun 10, 2013 at 05:33 PM.
Dr.Gargoyle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 06:55 PM   #339
Brittany246
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0815 View Post
I am sure that your brother will understand that you can't see his graduation live and will watch the home video made by your dad ....
Oook
Brittany246 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple to Offer Live Video Stream of WWDC Keynote on June 2 MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 133 Jun 5, 2014 12:50 AM
All iPads: Anyone know where to get the keynote live video stream? whitedragon101 iPad 5 Oct 22, 2013 09:32 AM
Live Coverage of Apple's WWDC 2013 Keynote [Event Over] MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 1756 Jun 16, 2013 01:22 PM
WWDC 2013 Spoiler Free Video Stream [Video Posted] MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 193 Jun 16, 2013 01:58 AM
Apple to Stream Live Video of WWDC 2013 Keynote to Apple TV MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 147 Jun 11, 2013 04:50 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC