Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
I wonder why Apple decided not to include more information on the calendar view in iOS7, specially on the month view (take advantage of the elongated new iPhone 5 display).

On previous iOS 6 and below, Apple never changed this. Users can view events below the calendar monthly view and quickly navigate from one marked event to another. Now there is no reference at all to use a guide, the alternative is to go day by day or click on the magnifying glass which acts like a schedule view (agenda view) to view upcoming events.

I wish Apple could have left this area on-touched.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372602718.897121.jpg
e9atemav.jpg

Last edited:

daviddth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2009
Australia
I wonder why Apple decided not to include more information on the calendar view in iOS7, specially on the month view (take advantage of the elongated new iPhone 5 display).

I wont say it.... Oh yes I will... It's a Beta :)

Seriously though I hope they do return some of the Calendar options as I thionk the current setup is lacking a lot of features that were there before. I would expect them to return in upcoming betas, but we will have to wait and hope they really do.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
Yes this has nothing to do with "it's a beta" slogan. It is the new way the designers at Apple decided to go with the new calendar stock app. I'm trying to get a snapshot a my wife's 4S (iOS 6.xx) to make a comparison.

Look at the difference:

bu9atepy.jpg
e4u5atyd.jpg

ysa5e5e9.jpg
6eda6a4y.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.