Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pewpewpew

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2012
Apple is smart to save a redesigned iPad 5 for March. They know that the majority of iPad 3 owners won't upgrade to the 4 but they needed to get the 4 out for a Lightning upgrade.

Yes and they know people don't have the disposable income to release iPad mini iPhone and large iPad all within months of each other

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
William William william come on think about it. Anyone with half a brain knows the iPad 4 was a stop gap till the iPad 5 in march.

What the heck is a stopgap? You know, given I don't have even half a brain.

Apple is smart to save a redesigned iPad 5 for March. They know that the majority of iPad 3 owners won't upgrade to the 4 but they needed to get the 4 out for a Lightning upgrade.

What, because 6 months was too long to wait? Or 6 months is just enough time to devalue people's current investment in the iPad? (which they will do again with a March release - think about it, please!)

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
If you don't need the ipad now then wait for the 5. If you NEED to have an ipad now then just get the 4. It will still be a great device even if the 5 comes out in a few months.

bri1212

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008
It always bothers me when someone asks this question. Should I wait for the next one? If you have to ask, then you should. However, realize that there will always be something better coming down the pike in just a few months.

As far as is having an ipad mini, and an ipad redundant? I would say a bit.
I use my mini in the car, plane, or sitting on the couch. I use my ipad for work. Typing proposals to customers, entering orders, emailing pictures etc...
Could I get by with just one or the other? probably, but I am glad I do not have to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.