Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
I cannot seem to get this kext to compile on my powerbook. It is the driver for nVidia overclocking software that I am working on. Could someone please compile this for me? I give many thanks to whoever helps me.
I need it compiled for ppc64 ppc i386 x86_64.

Attachments

• mapMemoryDriver_0.2.zip
    9 KB · Views: 123

truehybridx

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2010
I cannot seem to get this kext to compile on my powerbook. It is the driver for nVidia overclocking software that I am working on. Could someone please compile this for me? I give many thanks to whoever helps me.
I need it compiled for ppc64 ppc i386 x86_64.

What exactly is stopping you from compiling it?

Not a whole lot of people are going to have powerpc SDK's anymore since its dead im afraid

ps. it compiles for me, just dont have ppc

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
How do I compile a program without makefiles?

Use Xcode. The kext you posted as a zip-file has an Xcode project, so I don't know why this wouldn't be obvious.

Sign up at the free (non-paying) level as an Apple Developer. Then sign in using that account and download the version of Xcode appropriate for your OS version.

Older versions of Xcode, i.e. the 3.* and earlier version numbers, are freely available as downloads from the Apple Developer Center. To find them:
1. Login at:
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/mac/index.action
2. Click the "View all downloads" link.
3. Type xcode or xcode 3 in the search box.

Each individual version of Xcode download should list what the minimum OS version is. You can also read Xcode release notes to find which Xcode version was the last one to have PPC-targeted compilers.

lloyddean

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, WA
Although I may be wrong (and I know you'll come out of the woodwork to correct me, which is what I'm counting on) I'm under the impression KEXT's may now be signed with your Apple Developer certificate and can be traced back to you.

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
Use Xcode. The kext you posted as a zip-file has an Xcode project, so I don't know why this wouldn't be obvious.

Sign up at the free (non-paying) level as an Apple Developer. Then sign in using that account and download the version of Xcode appropriate for your OS version.

Older versions of Xcode, i.e. the 3.* and earlier version numbers, are freely available as downloads from the Apple Developer Center. To find them:
1. Login at:
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/mac/index.action
2. Click the "View all downloads" link.
3. Type xcode or xcode 3 in the search box.

Each individual version of Xcode download should list what the minimum OS version is. You can also read Xcode release notes to find which Xcode version was the last one to have PPC-targeted compilers.

I have Xcode 3.1.
I am very new to programming and need a tutorial on this.

truehybridx

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2010
I have Xcode 3.1.
I am very new to programming and need a tutorial on this.

You are new to programming and you are trying to play with a driver?!?
Thats not dangerous at all....

Open the xcode project file, itll be the blue icon in your source folder.
When it opens hit build

DearthnVader

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2015
Red Springs, NC
9 years later......

Anyone ever get this to work with PowerPC?

The driver is needed for the backend of nvclock for on the fly overclocking of nVidia cards under OS X. People have gotten it to work for i386 and X86_64, and I have been able to compile it with Xcode 2.5 on PPC Tiger but it gives errors when loading.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.