Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brentg33

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
Hi all,

I have had messages in mountain lion set up to do facebook chat via a jabber account. it has worked pretty well over the past few years. However, since yesterday, i notice that no friends are showing up under "facebook friends" in messages. (sometimes one friend might show up). But if i log into Facebook, clearly there are more friends online and chatting. I deleted the account and created a new one.....still no change. Does anyone else who uses messages for facebook notice this recent behavior? I wonder if its something with Facebook? any ideas on how to fix?

thanks

brentg33

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
while i cant offer a solution. I can tell you that about 2 days ago....it just started working again.......

dastinger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
Hi all,

I have had messages in mountain lion set up to do facebook chat via a jabber account. it has worked pretty well over the past few years. However, since yesterday, i notice that no friends are showing up under "facebook friends" in messages. (sometimes one friend might show up). But if i log into Facebook, clearly there are more friends online and chatting. I deleted the account and created a new one.....still no change. Does anyone else who uses messages for facebook notice this recent behavior? I wonder if its something with Facebook? any ideas on how to fix?

thanks
Hey dude,

Could you, please, explain how can I use Messages to chat with FB friends?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.