Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

View Poll Results: In OS X Lion, are you using the new "natural direction" for scrolling still.
Yes, I am still using the new natural direction for scrolling 165 47.55%
No, the setting is now off for natural scrolling 182 52.45%
Voters: 347. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:51 AM   #76
karlth
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBoater View Post
As a first time Mac and Trackpad user but a long time and heavy iPad user I found it very intuitive and natural.
Ditto!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:54 AM   #77
yegon
macrumors 68000

The moment I used a mouse, it had to be switched off. Feels decidedly unnatural with a mouse.
yegon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:16 AM   #78
maril1111
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by yegon View Post
The moment I used a mouse, it had to be switched off. Feels decidedly unnatural with a mouse.
Same here but i think on the trackpad it works great
maril1111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:48 AM   #79
Dutch John
macrumors newbie

In my opinion the whole problem is based on two different ideas.
The first idea is the control by mouse, trackball and trackpad: then you don't use natural swiping. You move your fingers or wheel in the direction that you want to go or to see on the screen. This is the way it was since this devices are used, so we are used to it.
The second idea is the control by touching the screen: then you use natural swiping. And that this way of control feels as natural is obvious. If you don't agree, just try the opposite on a screen and you see it immediately.
Now more and more the touchscreen is used, so this way of controlling becomes more normal.
But we are looking to two different ways of controlling, and in my opinion mixing them up is a bloody thing to do. It is not consistent, it is not Apple-like. I think lotst of developers felt lost and deserted because Steve isn't there anymore, and they just didn't notice the inconsistency. Poor Steve, I'am sure he's turning in his grave.
I see it as a bug and it must be fixed ! It should be turned of as a default. Then those users with inconsistent
brains can turn them on again. And of course: if you turn off natural swiping in the vertical direction, it should turn
off in the horizontal direction too.
I turned it off: so it's off in the vertical direction now. But it can't be turned of in the horizontal direction.
I get grazy now. It makes my super Macbook Pro Retina a little bit less handy. Now I always have to remember that horizontal swiping is like touching the screen. I can't get used to it.
Dutch John is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air