Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kmid24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
I'm getting my iPod Touch 5g in the mail this Thursday and was wondering if there is a list of apps that are compatible for the iPod Touch 5g's new 4 inch screen. Are there many?

jedisaga

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2008
Havertown, PA
I'm getting my iPod Touch 5g in the mail this Thursday and was wondering if there is a list of apps that are compatible for the iPod Touch 5g's new 4 inch screen. Are there many?

Companies are slowly converting their pre-existing apps to the new screen size standards. There are several apps that have gone through this process so it's best trying out one or more. What apps are you interested in?

J

Kmid24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Companies are slowly converting their pre-existing apps to the new screen size standards. There are several apps that have gone through this process so it's best trying out one or more. What apps are you interested in?

J

I just got the iPod yesterday (arrived early) and I'm using it now :). I'm interested mostly in popular games such as Fruit Ninja, Plants Vs. Zombies & Monster Dash, all of which surprisingly haven't been updated. Also apps like Last.fm, Scrabble, Line Rider, Tetris and Real Racing 2. I wonder how long it takes to update an app making it optimized for the larger screen. Are there any apps you'd like to see optimized in the near future?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.