Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:10 PM   #1
notorioscrank
macrumors newbie

Are all of the applications available in the Appstore safe?

The reason why I'm asking this, is because I was looking for a VPN to access US netflix and I found one in the Appstore called "VPN ONE CLICK", which is free for the first week but is it safe? I mean I've heard many proxies are just scams to steal your information. Can I rely that this app is safe because is in the appstore?
notorioscrank is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:17 PM   #2
CylonGlitch
macrumors 68030

Generally yes, but practice safe precautions anyway. To get the app on the store it has to be released to Apple, they are supposed to scan it and see if they can find problems. BUT people have snuck things past them before.
Last edited by CylonGlitch : Tomorrow at 37:05 AM.
MRoogle
CylonGlitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:40 PM   #3
notorioscrank
macrumors newbie

in your personal opinion do you think oneclickproxy it's safe/reliable? not a scam..
notorioscrank is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store