Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:46 AM   #1
pr0lab
macrumors newbie

How to sync an iPhone to a new iTunes Library

Hello,
I just got my computer back from repair and it was completely wiped. I backed up the computer using Time Machine but when I tried to restore I realized that the backup got corrupted! I lost my entire iTunes library!! My only chance to restore it back is that it is still on my iPhone and I am looking for a way to sync my phone back to iTunes without having iTunes wipe all of my music/playlist/audiobooks and etc. I have a jailbroken phone so if there is an app that I can download from Cydia/Windows/OSX which can help me to do so, that would be a huge.

Thanks for your advice!
pr0lab is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:23 AM   #2
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0lab View Post
Hello,
I just got my computer back from repair and it was completely wiped. I backed up the computer using Time Machine but when I tried to restore I realized that the backup got corrupted! I lost my entire iTunes library!! My only chance to restore it back is that it is still on my iPhone and I am looking for a way to sync my phone back to iTunes without having iTunes wipe all of my music/playlist/audiobooks and etc. I have a jailbroken phone so if there is an app that I can download from Cydia/Windows/OSX which can help me to do so, that would be a huge.

Thanks for your advice!
I thought jailbreak could do everything, but generally the only way to do this is to move your old iTunes data files and associated backup to the new machine, you don't have any iCloud backups around?
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:25 AM   #3
pr0lab
macrumors newbie

I do have an icloud backup but majority of my music is from CDs.
How can I associate my iPhone to the current iTunes library, which it sees as a new library.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:57 AM   #4
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0lab View Post
I do have an icloud backup but majority of my music is from CDs.
How can I associate my iPhone to the current iTunes library, which it sees as a new library.
You'll probably need something like Senuti to grab what you want off the phone, make a iCloud backup, plug into the computer, set up as new, restore from the backup then load the media that you extracted from Senuti (or program of choice).
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 01:31 PM   #5
pr0lab
macrumors newbie

I wish that there was a thing in Cydia that will have itunes believe that my phone was synced before to this library.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 03:09 PM   #6
Agent-P
macrumors 68020

All I can think of is using a program to copy your music and such from your iPhone to the computer and then syncing it back via iTunes.
Agent-P is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone