Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DoNoHarm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Maine
Dear Developers,

Every single weather app for the iphone sucks. Could one of you please build a weather app that has a temperature and rain graph like the one that comes standard with Google phones? Thank you,

-the world.

News_weather_weather-graph_annotated_2.jpg

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Dear Developers,

Every single weather app for the iphone sucks. Could one of you please build a weather app that has a temperature and rain graph like the one that comes standard with Google phones? Thank you,

-the world.

Sorry, but maybe there is a reason why no iOS developers put that kind of weather graph into an app, it's a hot mess.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I have yet to find an iPhone Weather app that is as good as BeWeather or Eye in Sky for Android. Check the Weather is too plain and doesn't use the space it could be using very well. I have Living Earth HD, but it's just another app trying to be pretty and not very helpful. BeWeather is pretty, but it has nice nice info too:

51Bp5cgx0OPj-AWtoy7fz9PeywWeK9Xzm16T8pIJSeuW8wQ5KZA7GQJYFVBiVc4tuEU
RuLljgAdldtUyS0Tl8YReS-fZY_RfsVqgDV-LgFmJlVuO5XJJ8AW3KkvlodbUjqYBFU

That's pretty sad. Android gets the bad rep all the time, yet they have some of the best Weather related apps.

DoNoHarm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Maine
Thanks for all the suggestions! It looks like it's not as bad as my initial search indicated, but I have to agree with Jessica - iPhone weather apps just seem a little lacking. I may be a special case - the temp vs. precipitation graph is extremely useful to me as I put on cycling gear in the mornings.

I did just buy "check the weather". hopefully someone will come along with a temp+precipitation graph overlay in the near future.

EDIT: such a clean interface. I love this app even though it lacks the rain vs temp graph. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Check the weather has a temp graph and My-cast has one as well.

Eweatherhd has a temp and pressure graph.

Love Check the Weather, it's my go to weather app. I did a small review on my blog.
http://techmusings.me/review-check-the-weather

I have yet to find an iPhone Weather app that is as good as BeWeather or Eye in Sky for Android. Check the Weather is too plain and doesn't use the space it could be using very well. I have Living Earth HD, but it's just another app trying to be pretty and not very helpful. BeWeather is pretty, but it has nice nice info too:

Image Image

That's pretty sad. Android gets the bad rep all the time, yet they have some of the best Weather related apps.

Last edited:

PsyOpWarlord

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Have you tried an app called MyWeather Mobile? It has the graphs under hourly. Also if you turn the phone sideways it expands the graph or makes the map fullscreen if on the maps.

IMG_0007.PNG

IMG_0004.PNG

IMG_0005.PNG

IMG_0006.PNG

IMG_0008.PNG

DoNoHarm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Maine
Wow, thanks for that. I tried using weatherzone since it has temperature and precipitation overlayed on the home screen, but it seems to be geared for Australia. MyWeather has precipitation and temprature graphs but they are on separate screens. That being said MyWeather has really good detail. The one thing I don't like is every time I log in it wants to set up registration with my email. Also, it asked to use my contacts. Really? for a weather app? I don't want my weather app downloading my contacts.

Have you tried an app called MyWeather Mobile? It has the graphs under hourly. Also if you turn the phone sideways it expands the graph or makes the map fullscreen if on the maps.

View attachment 381252

View attachment 381253

View attachment 381254

View attachment 381255

View attachment 381256

Osamede

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2009
Dear Developers,

-the world.

News_weather_weather-graph_annotated_2.jpg
See Yr app. Does it in landscape

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.