Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmontanarella

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Hi everyone,

I know this topic has been covered extensively before, however, I have a specific issue that I thought maybe you guys could help me out with. Here's my current setup: I have an iTunes account with my @gmail.com email address that is set up a long time ago and I have all my iTunes purchases associated with it (to this day I still use it to buy music). Then I have my @me.com iCloud email i use for sync and for email (and pretty much everything else). I was thinking maybe I could transfer my purchases from one account to the iCloud account with iTunes match... is that possible? Has anyone done it? Also would there be a solution for apps? The reason why I want to unify them (or to simply have one account) is that when I setup my devices, I always have to go in and change the accounts for some services... also I want to use the Apple Store App to pay in-store however that app uses the account that is uses by the App Store, and therefore all my receipts would go to gmail...

I hope someone has a solutions,

THanks in advance for the help,
Pietro

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
That's an interesting idea. Make sure to make a backup of your iTunes files before you try. I can be wrong but think that iTunes Match will replace your files. Would be good to have a copy.

But it also means you still have two accounts and need to keep both. You could stop buying on the old one.
For apps this will not work.
I'm not 100% sure; will be good to hear others. I like the idea.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
Hi everyone,

I know this topic has been covered extensively before, however, I have a specific issue that I thought maybe you guys could help me out with. Here's my current setup: I have an iTunes account with my @gmail.com email address that is set up a long time ago and I have all my iTunes purchases associated with it (to this day I still use it to buy music). Then I have my @me.com iCloud email i use for sync and for email (and pretty much everything else). I was thinking maybe I could transfer my purchases from one account to the iCloud account with iTunes match... is that possible? Has anyone done it? Also would there be a solution for apps? The reason why I want to unify them (or to simply have one account) is that when I setup my devices, I always have to go in and change the accounts for some services... also I want to use the Apple Store App to pay in-store however that app uses the account that is uses by the App Store, and therefore all my receipts would go to gmail...

I hope someone has a solutions,

THanks in advance for the help,
Pietro

This cannot be done right now. You can transfer your music and resubscribe to iTunes match but there is no option to transfer your purchased apps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.