Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikel30

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2004
My mom has never backed up her iPad before. Not in iTunes, not in iCloud. I told her to do it, but she I guess she never actually did. Anyway, she busted her LCD and can no longer see anything. Based on some fiddling around and sounds coming from the iPad, the digitizer still seems to be responding. She wants to get a new iPad, so my idea was to sync the old one to iTunes, back it up, and then restore that backup to the new iPad.

Only one problem: when I plug it into iTunes it says "To allow access, please respond on your iPad." Obviously I can't see anything though. Does anyone know what kind of "response" it's asking for? Do I need to put in a password? Do I just need to click an "Accept" bubble? If so, I could try to blindly tap around until it gives approval.

Any other ideas?

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
I think it's probably asking to "trust" the computer or not.

ios-7-pair-trust.png

Try tapping around the middle of the screen but on the left side only (just so you don't accidentally hit "Don't Trust."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.