Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:33 AM   #1
krspkbl
macrumors regular

Loose/noisy key

Got my air delivered last week and noticed that the left shift key is quite loose and very clicky. Is that normal? I don't think it's broken as it arrived like that. It works perfectly fine but every time I press it down its so noisy and when I let it go you can feel it moving.

I know it sounds silly but it's so distracting when typing. All the other keys feel tight and are silent. I just want to know if its normal and if not will apple put a new key in for me? It's only 5 days old.

Thanks
krspkbl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:03 PM   #2
techstyle
macrumors newbie

They will replace the key for free. I know this because they replaced 10 keys on my MBP and it was a yr years out of warranty
techstyle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:28 PM   #3
krspkbl
macrumors regular

Ok, thanks! I'd just feel like an idiot going in to the Genius Bar about a loose key. Might just give it a shot and see what they say. Haven't really had much luck with Genius Bar the last few times I've been to see them!
krspkbl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air