Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:00 PM   #1
Crzyrio
macrumors 6502a

rMBP 15in Summer GPU Refresh?

I am seeing a ton of post asking about Haswell and what to expect in it and it was made quiet clear that there will be only a minor improvement for the 15in.

But no one seems to mention the discreet graphics card. I am not up to date with whats happening but what are the chances the Discreet Graphics Card in the 15 rMBP Will be updated?

-Rio
Crzyrio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:16 PM   #2
Radiating
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post
I am seeing a ton of post asking about Haswell and what to expect in it and it was made quiet clear that there will be only a minor improvement for the 15in.

But no one seems to mention the discreet graphics card. I am not up to date with whats happening but what are the chances the Discreet Graphics Card in the 15 rMBP Will be updated?

-Rio
The chances of upgraded discrete graphics are exactly the same as the chances of nVidia or ATI releasing an equally efficient or more efficient, more powerful video card at around the same price and size of the current 650GT.

So maybe. I'd love an upgrade personally.

Last edited by Radiating; Feb 15, 2013 at 09:31 AM.
Radiating is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:35 PM   #3
jav6454
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post

-Rio
That will depend on what nVidia and AMD have out in terms of mobile GPUs. I for one expect the GPU to increase to something much stronger on the nVidia line (or jump over to AMD's Radeon line).

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro