Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:58 AM   #26
Ann P
macrumors 68000

Still on 6.0.1, great battery life!
Ann P is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:38 AM   #27
gara56
macrumors newbie

Forunately, I'm still on IOS 5.1.1. on my seen to be 3yr old iphone 4. Now it seems that Apple is forcing application developers to check for jailbroken devices before using their application. This really sucks--especially since my phone has already been unlocked by my carrier. That means I paid my debt to the carrier and Apple in full and more. Seems Apple's ios in going downhill as fast as it's ability to stop on top of the tech innovation platform. Poor SJ is probably rolling over in his g....
gara56 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:49 AM   #28
jowie
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by gara56 View Post
Now it seems that Apple is forcing application developers to check for jailbroken devices before using their application.
Apple don't force developers to do any such thing. If a developer is checking for it, they are doing so of their own accord. Apple could build a jailbreak detection into the iOS if they wanted to, but they don't. They only patch security holes taken advantage of by jailbreaks.
jowie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:35 AM   #29
gara56
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowie View Post
Apple don't force developers to do any such thing. If a developer is checking for it, they are doing so of their own accord. Apple could build a jailbreak detection into the iOS if they wanted to, but they don't. They only patch security holes taken advantage of by jailbreaks.
Apple is having problems putting out reliable ios releases let alone jailbreak detection. If memory serves--you can also by-passcode. At lease they still make some good hardware.
gara56 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:25 AM   #30
iHeartSox
macrumors newbie

Did there have a competition called "Worst Pie Chart of The Year", and this pie chart wanna be the 1st?
iHeartSox is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion