Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sparced

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
I have about over an hours worth of video interviews I need to transcribe and was wondering which App could help me out?

Having a foundation of text I'll only have to make edits to rather than sit with my headphones and on and Word open for the entire afternoon would save me a lot of time.

Thanks.

Sparced

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
That's not a dictation application though is it? I don't want to have to type.

I found one called Dragon Dictate buy not sure it's what I'm looking for.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011

Oh, I see - yes I misunderstood you. No, InqScribe won't do that. I don't have any experiences with those kind of apps, but if you find anything good, please report back.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK

You want MacSpeech Scribe, its not cheap though - $150. Note this App is designed to recognise 1 voice at a time, although you can train to recognise 6, so if lots of different people are talking it might not be that accurate. Nuance have the best speech recognition algorithms on the Mac though.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Adobe Soundbooth does voice transcription; I haven't used it since CS4, but I recall it needed really clear audio to get even halfway decent results. Think Brian Williams doing the news.

If it's just an hour though an online service that guarantees accuracy might be more economical. Or Amazon Mechanical Turk; lots of folks there do human transcription.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.