Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:52 PM   #1
sun surfer
macrumors regular

Alternative to itunes to move my music to?

I have a pretty big music library and I'm on a mission to clean it up, and I need to start fresh with my itunes. So what I want to do is move all my music to another program, erase it all from itunes, then sort of start over by going through the music on the other program, adding what I want back to itunes and erasing the rest.

This is going to take awhile (like seriously, it's a side project so it might take months) so I don't want to just use playlists or whatever on itunes while I'm doing this; I want what I have in itunes to be the good stuff and the rest or the undecided somewhere else. I guess I'm sort of OCD but that's the way I want it.

I can't have two itunes on my computer (wish I could, that'd be so much easier!) so I need another itunes-like program to put my library on while I do this. Any suggestions? Thanks.
sun surfer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:28 PM   #2
c-Row
macrumors 65816

Send a message via ICQ to c-Row
What about a second iTunes library? If you hold down Alt while clicking on the iTunes logo it asks you to either open an existing library - the one you already have - or create a new one like "My Cleaned iTunes Library" in whichever directory or drive you prefer.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store