Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chinglish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
hello, I'm a postgraduate student, I'm looking for software on mac to substitute origin (PC), magicplot is the candidate, magicplot student is free but can't satisfied me, pro is too expensive. Do you have some advice ? crash or another substitution?
Thank you very much!

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
OK. IMHO Origin is a grossly overpriced piece of software favored by Windows-using engineers with more money than brains. MagicPlot is a Java-based substitute for Origin. The student version of MagicPlot is free, but it also has reduced functionality.

My favorite charting applications can't compete with MagicPlot on price. However, I am aware of one that can. Veusz is released under the GPL license and is free.

Chinglish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
OK. IMHO Origin is a grossly overpriced piece of software favored by Windows-using engineers with more money than brains. MagicPlot is a Java-based substitute for Origin. The student version of MagicPlot is free, but it also has reduced functionality.

My favorite charting applications can't compete with MagicPlot on price. However, I am aware of one that can. Veusz is released under the GPL license and is free.

thank you [/b]very[/b] much for your advice. I will try it.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.