Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:36 AM   #1
gaddster
macrumors member

Magic Mouse & Trackpad workflow

ok, so I got excited ordering my new iMac and ordered a trackpad and magic mouse.. Used the magic mouse for 3 years on my last imac and trackpad on my macbook pro BUT never together..

anyone else ordered both and how are you best using them?
gaddster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:04 AM   #2
J. Rab
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddster View Post
ok, so I got excited ordering my new iMac and ordered a trackpad and magic mouse.. Used the magic mouse for 3 years on my last imac and trackpad on my macbook pro BUT never together..

anyone else ordered both and how are you best using them?
From what I've read -- most people who do order both end up using the Trackpad more than the Magic Mouse. It has more gestures and just seems more intuitive.
J. Rab is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:07 AM   #3
benwiggy
macrumors 68020

I use a Magic TrackPad and have no desire ever to use a Mouse again!

It's clear that touch surfaces -- whether they be TrackPads or touchscreens -- are the future for input on "iOSX".
benwiggy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:09 AM   #4
gaddster
macrumors member

I had heard some people use both hands (one to control the mouse and the other to control the trackpad

Spoilt for choice here now
gaddster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:27 AM   #5
AppleInMyBlood
macrumors regular

I got carried away and ordered both also! I imagine some situations would be better with a mouse--gaming being just one example. I plan to have both set up on my desk and will just see which feels more natural at any given point.
AppleInMyBlood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:32 AM   #6
hfg
macrumors 68030

I find having both the trackpad and magic mouse to be very useful. For general use I really like the trackpad with gestures, and for more precise work (editing text, games, etc.) I move over to the mouse and still have gestures available. I use them both constantly and interchangeably. I have both devices at every computer in my home.

I also like attaching the trackpad to the wireless keyboard with either the "Clique" from Henge Docks, or the "Magic Wand" from 12South.
hfg is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac