Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gaddster

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
liverpool, england
ok, so I got excited ordering my new iMac and ordered a trackpad and magic mouse.. Used the magic mouse for 3 years on my last imac and trackpad on my macbook pro BUT never together..

anyone else ordered both and how are you best using them?

J. Rab

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
ok, so I got excited ordering my new iMac and ordered a trackpad and magic mouse.. Used the magic mouse for 3 years on my last imac and trackpad on my macbook pro BUT never together..

anyone else ordered both and how are you best using them?

From what I've read -- most people who do order both end up using the Trackpad more than the Magic Mouse. It has more gestures and just seems more intuitive.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
I use a Magic TrackPad and have no desire ever to use a Mouse again!

It's clear that touch surfaces -- whether they be TrackPads or touchscreens -- are the future for input on "iOSX".

AppleInMyBlood

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2012
I got carried away and ordered both also! I imagine some situations would be better with a mouse--gaming being just one example. I plan to have both set up on my desk and will just see which feels more natural at any given point.

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
I find having both the trackpad and magic mouse to be very useful. For general use I really like the trackpad with gestures, and for more precise work (editing text, games, etc.) I move over to the mouse and still have gestures available. I use them both constantly and interchangeably. I have both devices at every computer in my home.

I also like attaching the trackpad to the wireless keyboard with either the "Clique" from Henge Docks, or the "Magic Wand" from 12South.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.