Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
United States
I don't have OCD generally when it comes to anythings else, but when it comes to all my Apple products, I seem to have. ThinkPad I love as well, but don't have OCD with them at all really.

Any other Mac Pro owners notice this? I won't set the tower on the floor, etc. Itt is quite annoying as well. I am that was with my MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, Mac mini, etc.

It's so frustrating!

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
UK
I agree lol. U feel that it is gonna break if you don't clean it every night. Its not the price, its just how beautiful they are :)

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
United States
They do look so nice. It's like a new car - that first scratch absolutely kills you.

I have never been happier with a desktop than I have been the Mac Pro. I love that thing. And the Apple Cinema displays, as well.

I keep the keyboard wiped off all the time to make sure it is shiny white, keep the Magic Trackpad cleaned all the time, and keep all of the little packing things that come in the box.

It is honestly quite annoying, but man are they a pleasure to use.

Didn't know if I was the only sad person in here. :)

It seems the MacBook Pro customers are the worst, though. Going through 5 or 6 replacements to get one "perfect."

Their notebooks, desktops, phones, and towers are just designed so nice (now if they would put that slot back on the front of the mini except make it Blu-ray this time!).

seveej

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2009
Helsinki, Finland
Any other Mac Pro owners notice this?

Well, not really... I just generally am of the type who tries to rake care of his gear.

OTOH, my wife's MBA appalls me every now and then: It has a minor cocoa stain on the top lid (probably transferred by hand - no direct danger), the screen is stained, and she often stacks papers on top of it, when it's lying unused on her table (I even put my tucano second skin on top of my MBP to shield it when it's lying on the table).

But I think it's not OCD, It's quite natural that you take better care of something which is beautiful and which you expect to keep in order...

RGDS,

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
I don't have OCD about my computers but I do take care of them, they're expensive and I don't want to replace them as often as Apple would like.

Nugget

Contributor
Nov 24, 2002
Tejas Hill Country
I do not have OCD, I have CDO.

CDO is, of course, exactly like having OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order like things are supposed to be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.