Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ellsolan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Hello all. I'm currently considering buying a peel for my iPod Touch.

Currently, the model of peels I'm mostly interested in is the Coming C Peel T288, as it seems to have EDGE speeds, and less bugs.

Anyone have one of these or any other peel? What's your opinion as a user of the respective peel?

Cheers

Slinkwyde

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2012
I haven't used a Peel, but EDGE is very slow. It's a 2G connection technology that was outdated in 2007. The norm today is 3G, with some people having 4G.

AppleDroid1008

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2012
I haven't used a Peel, but EDGE is very slow. It's a 2G connection technology that was outdated in 2007. The norm today is 3G, with some people having 4G.

Edge might be slow, but it's better than having nothing on the iPod Touch. Not to mention you can save a ton of money by putting it on a prepaid. You can take it straight to T-Mobile for $50 unlimited talk/text and data(2G) speeds. Compare that to what Verizon, Sprint or ATT offer for the iPhone. It's not as good as an iPhone any real phone for that matter but it's better.

Another thing you could do is buy a mobile hotspot and use talkatone with google voice for text message and it requires no root.

You can also buy a cheap Android like an LG Optimus T for T-Mobile, and use the wifi hotspot built into the phone. For $30 you can get 5GB of fast internet plus all the slow 2G.

I actually want to get a peel, not for any other reason but to have it. I guess I kinda like the idea of using the touch as a phone even though Apple would frown on that idea. I already have a Mytouch 4G which is better spec wise to all the ipod touches so it's not really an improvement but I just want to lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.