Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeb2u

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2010
Does anyone know of a website/app that will track iTunes music/movie/tv show prices? What I'm looking for is a service similar to what the AppShopper site/app does for apps, but for music/movies/tv shows for sale on the iTunes Store.

Tim L. Walker

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
I know this thread is almost a year old, but I've been looking for exactly the same thing. Did you ever find such an app or site that tracks iTunes prices for TV Shows/Movies?

Tim L. Walker

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
Strange... with all the app price tracking wites & apps out there, you'd think someone would have one for music/movies/tv shows...

tshrimp

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012
I almost never buy music from iTunes. Has been more 100% of the time for me. I go to Amazon, and usually save about 30% on music over iTunes.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

abslechta

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2014
I had an idea...

Nearest thing I could find is this site, but it's clearly linked to the US iTunes store, in US dollars, and so of no use to those of us in the UK.

http://www.itmsmoviedeals.com/itunes-movie-price-drops

I'm also looking for a solution for searching for cheap movies. The prices on many older films go up and down constantly.
For example, the other day, movies like Ghostbusters 1 & 2, 28 Days Later 1 & 2, King Kong (Extended), Alien 1 & 2 (Director's Cut), the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and MORE were all lowered in price to $9.99… Two days later, and they're back to their normal prices. The sale was unadvertised, and only up for a day!
Any system to monitor these random price drops would be stellar.

Anyway.. the iPhone has a web app available in the iTunes store called IFTTT (If This, Then That). I think there might be a way to use itmsmoviedeals.com RSS feed to send a push notification or text message command straight to your phone whenever it's updated..
I have not tried it yet though..

ring33

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2009
check this App out Kinohunt
It tracks both SD/HD rent/buy prices and send you push notification whenever there is a price drop. just like AppShopper for movies.

Gameraboy

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2016
Scenic New Jersey
Does anyone know of a website/app that will track iTunes music/movie/tv show prices? What I'm looking for is a service similar to what the AppShopper site/app does for apps, but for music/movies/tv shows for sale on the iTunes Store.

Yes! I use http://www.followthatpage.com to do it. Just got to what you want to track in iTunes and click to share the link. Open that link in a browser (it'll be a short URL) and then copy the full URL. Put that URL and your email in at Follow That Page and create an account.

It will give you a text preview of the page. There is a section called Block Filter. You can give it the starting text and ending text of the block it should watch.

For example, when I want to track a movie I found where the price displayed in the text preview at the bottom of the page. I set a Block Filter to only watch between the text "View in iTunes" and "iTunes extras" which has the price between those points. And that's it!

mthud

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2015
Canberra, Australia
Yes! I use http://www.followthatpage.com to do it. Just got to what you want to track in iTunes and click to share the link. Open that link in a browser (it'll be a short URL) and then copy the full URL. Put that URL and your email in at Follow That Page and create an account.

It will give you a text preview of the page. There is a section called Block Filter. You can give it the starting text and ending text of the block it should watch.

For example, when I want to track a movie I found where the price displayed in the text preview at the bottom of the page. I set a Block Filter to only watch between the text "View in iTunes" and "iTunes extras" which has the price between those points. And that's it!

That seems like a lot of manual work, and will alert you when the price goes up which happens a lot and isn't helpful... have a look at https://www.myilist.com it does exactly the tracking / emailing you're after

Reactions: BeatCrazy

Benjamin Frost

Suspended
May 9, 2015
London, England
It's way cheaper to buy tv shows and movies on Amazon. I don't bother with iTunes, as even if things are on sale, they are still much more expensive.

Films and tv shows can be bought for $2 on Amazon. Never happens on iTunes.

Pete54221

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2017
Guys you missing out the CheapCharts app. CheapCharts is all what you are looking for, it covers all iTunes media and all iTunes prices. You can create a wish list with all your stuff and get notified when the price drops. And you can browse the newest iTunes deals every day... They also have an amazing AppleTV app!
I saved tons of $$$ since I use CheapCharts, It's a must have for any1 who is using iTunes!

Reactions: marvin_h and max2

echobaseUK

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2018

check the App CheapCharts. It works for me.

Reactions: barnaby117 and max2

wispri12

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2020
Yes, On the online web there are huge numbers of platforms that can be sent you emails and SMS for price drops like camelcamelcamel, honey, and many more. Wispri is also a new one that alerts you by SMS. For personally this is a great platform especially for Australia and New Zealand users.

armorm2

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2016
Careful which price tracker you use. A lot of them like - honey - will require you grant access to the websites you visit and other privacy invading requirements. Glass It Price Tracker just has you copy/paste URLs to start price tracking

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.