Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2011
I've been looking for an RDP client for my iPhone 5 but with little luck.
Most things people around here recommend is Splashtop, Teamviewer or others all of which require you to install something on the host you want to connect to.

Is there a real RDP client for iOS which uses RDP protocol and doesn't require me to have anything running on the host apart from Windows itself?

In short, I need something like mstsc on Windows, but I need it on iOS. Is there any?

Last edited:

HandySam

macrumors member
May 9, 2011
Pocketcloud Remote dekstop. It works quite well even without the app they recommend to install on the target machine. The app even features a VNC viewer.

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
i tried all the RDP/Remote Access clients, and so far the 3 best are:

iTeleport (used to be jaadurdp) - this one is probably the cleanest and the best rdp client there is

PocketCloud Remote Desktop Pro (there is a free one) - same quality as iTeleport, however i like this one because it incorporates 3 finger press for keyboard which is nice.

logmein - is my preferred solution for supporting my families/friends mac's/pc's. Quick and simple, down side is that you have to install a service on the source computer, but its a very simple process.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I know you don't want anything installed on the computer, but I truly find Logmein to be the best of all. I use ignition which is the professional version and it allows me to do many things I'm unable to do so in others apps like teamviewer, etc. An example would be cloud bank connections and multiple connections in one session for easy file sharing.

Stu2510

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
which requires software to be installed on the host machine, which is what the OP is asking to NOT have to do.

Pardon me for breathing! How about you offer a solution instead of bitching about other people's advice????

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Pardon me for breathing! How about you offer a solution instead of bitching about other people's advice????

the only RDP software i use and am familiar with is Team Viewer, which just as yours, requires it to be installed on the host machine. the solution you gave was incorrect as it wasnt what he was looking for, which is why i didnt advise him to use Team Viewer either. i was simply telling you that, i was not trying to be snide about it. i wouldnt have to comment on your incorrect "advice" if you would have read his initial question thoroughly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.