Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
I'm considering selling my iphone 5 and rebuying as Apple quoted £182 for a small dent on the corner..bit crazy.

I hate phone cases so unfortunately I just had a soft case, slipped and it's all chipped/dented. Works fine though.

Is it achievable to still get £450 for it?

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
Put it up for sale and see what you get? No one can really say for now because very few damaged phones have been put up for sale. But maybe the fact that they're still in high demand will mean someone will want it.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
You hate cases.

You hate dents.

That's odd. Most who hate cases don't mind a few dents.

You don't want to pay to replace the phone but think you can make money by selling a dented phone and buying a new one. Is that possible?

Does it make sense to keep selling a dented phone to buy a new one? :confused:

travis.hansen

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
I'm considering selling my iphone 5 and rebuying as Apple quoted £182 for a small dent on the corner..bit crazy.

I hate phone cases so unfortunately I just had a soft case, slipped and it's all chipped/dented. Works fine though.

Is it achievable to still get £450 for it?

I bet you could get close to what it's worth brand new right now. I sold a 16Gb iPhone 5 16GB for $800 just the other day. They are hard to get a hold of so they are worth a lot even with a small dent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.