Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matteous

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
I'm rather new to the mac, so I'm still getting used to it. I am wondering what 'managed' user means, and also wondering how to delete an admin account from the single user mode. I'm running 10.8.4 if that's helpful

Nov 28, 2010
located
If you are the sole user, use the admin account and do not worry about managed accounts yet.
You need an admin account anyway, to install or remove applications and do other fun stuff in Terminal.
And you probably cannot delete the only admin account from a managed account, as one needs to be logged into an admin account to delete other user accounts.

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

Matteous

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
As I was playing around with it, I changed some things around and I made 2 admin accounts (the second one from the single user mode) and got rid of the original. I don't remember the password I had for the new admin account and was just wondering if it was possible to delete the account from the single user mode. I want to create another, but I would like to get rid of the existing one first. The only account I can access at the moment is a 'managed account' (And root of course) But would still like to get rid of the admin

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
The only account I can access at the moment is a 'managed account' (And root of course) But would still like to get rid of the admin

It sounds to me as if you're trying to circumvent security settings. A normal non-admin user account isn't a managed user.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.