Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Apr 7, 2013, 04:37 PM   #126
e-coli
macrumors 68000

Nooooooooooooooooooo more critical security flaw updates.
e-coli is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2013, 06:54 PM   #127
MichaelLAX
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAddict1978 View Post
However, isn't this the version that can't even be installed without rosetta?
That was a myth that has been debunked.
MichaelLAX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2013, 09:18 AM   #128
Tomacorno
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabhatter View Post
They did BOTH in MY pickup truck and haven't brought it back.

Any free Six-String guitar apps to keep me company???
I have a guitar app with 5 working strings and a broken high E. That is probably more what you need.
Tomacorno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:34 AM   #129
Terrin
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban Missles View Post
No they slept with my dog and ran over my wife on the way to your place to sleep with your wife. Seriously is there a need for this stupidity.

As for your slightly more legitimate statement. I know of people that have a mac running MS office, chrome browser, dropbox, and a bunch of other stuff. That was the WinTel model not the Walled-off-Garden that is Apple. What is the point of getting an Apple if you are going to then not use the whole value proposition. At least for me it makes no sense. If I was going to do the mix and match and then fight with the integration model, I would get a cheap ass WinTel thing.

I don't have an issue with Office, other than it is expensive for what it does, but Google's crap calls home like crazy.
Terrin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 06:31 AM   #130
jamesjingyi
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to jamesjingyi
iWork ftw haha (apart from Excel..... )
jamesjingyi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 06:53 AM   #131
mudman2
macrumors member

Just as IOS people (around 100 million) managed to work around the availability of Office I am sure we OSX users can do the same

Microsoft = grunge = damp in the head
mudman2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:14 PM   #132
Doctor Q
Administrator

It's April 9. Does the world look different?
Old Apr 12, 2013, 11:34 AM   #133
calaverasgrande
macrumors 65816

Good Riddance.
I am so sick of "rebuilding the database".
At my work I have been on a mission to get everyone off of Office 2008 (and 2004). Replacing it with Apples suite for people that don't need advanced features, and with 2011 for those that do.

As far as all you Microsoft haters saying "just use Google docs" or "Just use Mail and Keynote". Those products are great for light use or SOHO use. But in medium to large businesses. In accounting, analytics and other heavy numbers departments there is no replacement that has as many features and as much third party support as the Office Suite.
I know it is hard to use in some ways, and can be a PITA to troubleshoot. (see "rebuild database...") but the google docs and Apple suite equivalents of Excel are just not nearly as advanced. This also applies to the email client as well. Though I am still disapointed that I cannot manage distribution lists from Mac Outlook 2011, but I can from PC Outlook 2003?
calaverasgrande is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2013, 02:46 AM   #134
BornAgainMac
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by calaverasgrande View Post
Though I am still disapointed that I cannot manage distribution lists from Mac Outlook 2011, but I can from PC Outlook 2003?
That is because of design. Do that in Contacts app. It is a system wide address book in Mountain Lion. Before it was called Address book.
Outlook just rolls in Contacts, Calendar, Mail into one application where Apple uses a dedicated Mail app and uses global Address Book and Calendar repositories that many third-party apps can use.
BornAgainMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2013, 09:33 AM   #135
calaverasgrande
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgainMac View Post
That is because of design. Do that in Contacts app. It is a system wide address book in Mountain Lion. Before it was called Address book.
Outlook just rolls in Contacts, Calendar, Mail into one application where Apple uses a dedicated Mail app and uses global Address Book and Calendar repositories that many third-party apps can use.
AFAIK you cannot manage an Exchange server DL from Contacts, or any Mac application that I now of. You can only build your own DLs that are limited to being used by you. Not any use to me.
calaverasgrande is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion