Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efktd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2011
USA
You mean it looks like a book, why didn't you just say so. What the hell is skeuomorphism? Sounds like some freakin' disease.

I dunno man, all I know is that word is related to Forstall's design. I expected the icon to be a flatter book I guess. Doesn't bother me at all though.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
still... not a universal app.

Highly insane!

Re the old apps not getting iOS 7 re-dos yet: I'm not too surprised. That's a big job, probably accompanied by new features and other changes. Better to embark on the project AFTER iOS 7 is finalized, with it being such a rush.

Looking forward to it when it happens!

(I hope GarageBand--and only GaraBand!--keeps a bit of musical skeuomorphism.)

tipp

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
All these settings have been available for some while on iOS I think

Actually, configuration for all these settings were updated in the previous update. This update seems to have only updated the icon.

The previous updates were in Feb, June and July, and I've used the app since then and I thought I looked for update NAT settings or IPv6. I might be wrong though and just didn't need to manage those options at the time.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Haven't updated yet, but i sure hope they've fixed that anoying slow scrolling in the 'Purshased' section when the screen is loaded with app in view. Its not always smooth scrolling.

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

In what is undoubtedly the first of many Apple iOS apps to receive updates for iOS 7 today, the company Apple Store app [Direct Link] has been updated with iOS 7 compatibility, a new icon, and a "refined user interface" more in line with the iOS 7 design aesthetic.

The updated app appears to carry identical functionality to the previous version, although the company has been reported to be planning to push out a new tool within the app next week that will allow customers to check stock levels of the new iPhone models at their local Apple retail stores.

Update: AirPort Utility [Direct Link] has also been updated with the new iOS 7 look.

Article Link: Apple Updates 'Apple Store' iOS App for iOS 7

I've read this on many sites, so where the hell is this then?
Phone's been out 5 days, and the Apple Store app does NOT have the function to check stock of the new iPhones (or anything else, for that matter).

What was the source of this "rumor" Mark Gurman preaches, cause so far it's not come true, has it Mark?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.