Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

holherns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I'd like to buy an unlocked iphone5 so that I can use it in China with Chinese SIM card. I looked up the apple.com, there are still iphone5 with contracts ($199-399).
Have someone already got unlocked iphone5 with full price? Does it work with any nano SIM card like AT&T, T-MOB, VER OR SPRINT?

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
I'd like to buy an unlocked iphone5 so that I can use it in China with Chinese SIM card. I looked up the apple.com, there are still iphone5 with contracts ($199-399).
Have someone already got unlocked iphone5 with full price? Does it work with any nano SIM card like AT&T, T-MOB, VER OR SPRINT?

if there are stores called frys electronics in your location they are selling iphones unlocked off contract

holherns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
if there are stores called frys electronics in your location they are selling iphones unlocked off contract

I looked up about verizon iphone5. And they said Verizon iphone 5 can use any kinds of cards. May I just go to the apple store to buy the Verizon iphone5 or go to the Verizon to buy an iPhone5? Does it cost $299(32G) plus custom fee or the full price($749)?

Cebuano1976

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
Verrado, Buckeye, Arizona
I looked up about verizon iphone5. And they said Verizon iphone 5 can use any kinds of cards. May I just go to the apple store to buy the Verizon iphone5 or go to the Verizon to buy an iPhone5? Does it cost $299(32G) plus custom fee or the full price($749)?

Fry's has them for $699, $799, & $899. They are all unlocked for all GSM providers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.