Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Had another email from PC World just now saying no word yet on when orders will be fulfilled. Interestingly, they managed to show all the recipient email addresses in the 'to:' field (naughty) - it was sent to over 300 people, and that's just for the 16GB wi-fi white model. Can't see them putting a dent in that before Christmas.

They always have been a bunch of donkeys I'm afraid.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Apple Store Basingstoke had a few yesterday... I grabbed a 32GB black cellular.

Got home, realised it had 2 dead pixels and the glass wasn't flush to the frame in the bottom right.

Went into the store to replace it, they didn't have another 32 so they replaced it with a 64 for no extra charge! Also the guy gave me the lightning cable from the returned device as compensation :)

Some you win, I guess.

G

davys

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Lanark
Apple Store Basingstoke had a few yesterday... I grabbed a 32GB black cellular.

Got home, realised it had 2 dead pixels and the glass wasn't flush to the frame in the bottom right.

Went into the store to replace it, they didn't have another 32 so they replaced it with a 64 for no extra charge! Also the guy gave me the lightning cable from the returned device as compensation :)

Some you win, I guess.

G

LOL...result indeed, we'll done Sir!

ForceGhost

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2012
Bournemouth, UK
When i went into the Apple store at Westquay (Southampton) they had a literal stack of ipad mini's in a corded off area handing them out to customers.

I mean a stack like 700-1000 iPads. It was the craziest thing i've seen.

Imagine this:

ipad-apple-store-sf-25_610x407.jpg

But from floor to celling.

oldcelt

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2011
UK
ipad mini

Looking for a white 64 GB mini from John Lewis as their inclusive 2 year insurance sounds a good deal. Don't really need it till after Christmas (mid-January Birthday), but I thought I would start looking now. Hope the supply issue eases up soon.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Apple are just greedy as hell.

Try buying a 16gb wifi only model... you can find plenty of 64gb wifi+3g, because Apple would rather sell you some cheap ram and 3g modem (probably £10 in parts) for £300+ extra.

Ridiculous.

My girlfriend is sick of waiting for her iPad mini now, and after using my Nexus 7 is going to get a Nexus 7 instead for half the price :rolleyes:

Apple without Steve Jobs = Crapple.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2012
Apple are just greedy as hell.

Try buying a 16gb wifi only model... you can find plenty of 64gb wifi+3g, because Apple would rather sell you some cheap ram and 3g modem (probably £10 in parts) for £300+ extra.

Ridiculous.

My girlfriend is sick of waiting for her iPad mini now, and after using my Nexus 7 is going to get a Nexus 7 instead for half the price :rolleyes:

Apple without Steve Jobs = Crapple.

lol dont be a mong theyve probably made MORE 16gb wifi only, but just like you want that one so does everyone else!

Duwsh

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2012
I have been looking for one for 3 days and no luck, I thought I had one last night but was about 10 seconds too late! I need a white 16GB wifi. I stayed awake until 3am and put my earphones in when I went to bed to hear the audio alert.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2012
and with that in mind, bnoth liverpool and manchester apple stores had 16gb black wifi only in stock on saturday

Duwsh

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2012
and with that in mind, bnoth liverpool and manchester apple stores had 16gb black wifi only in stock on saturday

Argos got black 16gb wifis in but I really don't want a black one, I was thinking of getting it just so I'd have one but then thought nah I will wait.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2012
i want a black one but i cant make my mind up because of the anodising issues

Duwsh

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2012
Loads of black models were just sold at PC World and Currys, gone now though.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
The 64gb 3/4g models have always been the last ones left on the shelf.

No surprise the cheapest model sells out.

So... how about making more of the product that sells more...? They have enough experience now to know it'll be the most popular...

Face it, it's just to pressure people to buy a 32gb or 64gb

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2012
I've never filled my 16gb ipad 2, all my media is kept on my laptop and i just put on what i need

Higgi10

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Can anyone tell me where in Scotland I might be able to get my hands on a 16g ipad mini before Xmas in Scotland??

jaxpro

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2011
Motherwell
iPad Mini White 32GB WiFi

Hey :)

I purchased a white 32gb sealed wifi from currys but decided i don't want it anymore. If any one is looking for one I am willing to sell it or send it back to currys. Its £349 and I am willing to sell it for £360. :)

PM if interested

JP.

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Bought a 16GB Wifi last Saturday at the Braehead Apple Store, just exchanged today for a 32GB Cellular at Buchanan Street. There is stock, but I think you need to get in early before it disappears.

Good decision. I did the same except I went for a 16GB. The Mini is so portable that cellular is a bit of a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.

dmeehan

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2011
iPad mini 16Gb Wifi

I ordered one from Apple UK online on 8th December, noting the 2 weeks dispatch advice in the online store. I specified engraving on the order, and when the confirmation arrived it stated estimated delivery 3rd Jan, so more like 4 weeks.

Spent last weekend calling around looking for stock, but nothing anywhere.

After 2 days, I cancelled the order and placed a new one with no engraving and express shipping, thinking that the engraving might have been a reason for the delay. Order confirmation came back with 2nd Jan, so not much gained.

However, this morning I have received a dispatch notification, with 20th Dec as the estimated delivery time. Tracking not showing yet on UPS so may be waiting for collection from the dispatch point.

I ordered one when they were first launched, and waited nearly 3 weeks, and the delivery from dispatch to arrival was about 6 days, but it sat around in Shanghai for a couple of days, and another 24 hours in Amsterdam. But that was regular shipping and it still got here 1 day before the estimated date.

Apple are probably working like nuts trying to get these out, but they must have shifted production from one config to another in that last couple of days. It makes no sense giving a post-Christmas delivery for the sake of being on the safe side, as many would cancel the order and potentially go elsewhere.

It certainly appears to be the gadget du jour for this Christmas. Whatever tablets from other manufacturers get shipped will be due to desperation on the part of unsatisfied buyer, and I would expect many to get returned post-Christmas once Apple stocks improve.

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Good decision. I did the same except I went for a 16GB. The Mini is so portable that cellular is a bit of a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.

I would've gone for the 16 cellular if they'd had it in stock, but I wanted it in black and it was just nowhere to be found.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.