Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katielee93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2012
I was having problems with my mac so apple told me I could possibly fix it by wiping my MBP and restoring it using time machine. Well that didn't fix my problem and it also made my life more difficult because now the project i'm working on seems to have something wrong with the video files. All the clips in the editing area don't even show a photo of what the video is of and the top area shows the pic but when you click on one to preview it it turns black and the play back is all black with no audio either. I have no idea what to do someone please help

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 1.18.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 1.18.25 AM.png
    309 KB · Views: 139

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Looking at your screen shot. Turn Inspector off and on your timeline it looks if some clips have not finished rendering. Also what version of FCP-X are you running?

mjsanders5uk

macrumors regular
May 11, 2009
All the clips in the editing area don't even show a photo of what the video is of and the top area shows the pic but when you click on one to preview it it turns black and the play back is all black with no audio either. I have no idea what to do someone please help

Where is your media stored? On the internal or external hard drive?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.