Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unregbaron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
I regularly work on an InDesign CS6 publication and need to email maybe 50-100 clients (who all work for separate companies) a proof of one small part of a page of the publication.

I have their email addresses and I know there is a way to slice (?) the publication into sections and export these pieces but I don't know this method and I'm not sure if it would work for me as I ideally want to make sure each person only gets their segment.

At the moment I am taking small screenshots (cmd+shift+4) and manually emailing each one which is driving me mad.

Any advice? Should I just email everyone the whole publication (about 50 pages) and tell them find their part and proof it? It feels a bit unfriendly...

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Why not output ranges of pages as separate PDFs?

Why not create 1 PDF and email it out to a list you create. Can easily be done if you have Acrobat Pro or even any mail app. The people on the receiving end will be able to find their own section to proof. Unless the other people are not to see the other sections. Doing it the way you are, would drive me crazy as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.