Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:33 PM   #1
Vell843
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
How to get rid of icons in Safari on iOS 7

When you open up Safari in iOS 7, Hoe do you get rid of those four icons that always appear?
Vell843 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:35 PM   #2
5t3f4n
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vell843 View Post
When you open up Safari in iOS 7, Hoe do you get rid of those four icons that always appear?
Delete them from Bookmarks -> Favorites.
5t3f4n is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:44 PM   #3
Vell843
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Thanks! Now how do I add websites to my favorites? lol
Vell843 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:47 PM   #4
batting1000
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vell843 View Post
Thanks! Now how do I add websites to my favorites? lol
The action button at the bottom (the one with the arrow pointing up out of the box).
__________________
Verizon iPhone 5s - iOS 7.1
iPad mini 16GB WiFi - iOS 7.1
Late 2012 i5 Mac mini
batting1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:52 PM   #5
Vell843
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Thanks again!
Vell843 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 07:59 PM   #6
TrenttonY
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
I don't understand the difference between "favorites" and "bookmarks"?
TrenttonY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 08:04 PM   #7
C DM
macrumors 604
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrenttonY View Post
I don't understand the difference between "favorites" and "bookmarks"?
Favorites is a subset of bookmarks that get displayed when you open an empty new tab in Safari for quick access type of purposes.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 08:46 PM   #8
5t3f4n
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Interestingly, bookmarks placed in Favorites on iOS 7 will appear in Bookmarks Bar on Safari in Mountain Lion.

They seem more similar to Top Sites to me.
5t3f4n is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 09:15 PM   #9
joejoejoe
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5t3f4n View Post
Interestingly, bookmarks placed in Favorites on iOS 7 will appear in Bookmarks Bar on Safari in Mountain Lion.

They seem more similar to Top Sites to me.
yes! i'm baffled as to why apple wouldn't just give us access to top sites. using manually created favorites is very backwards IMO
joejoejoe is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:50 PM   #10
ominx
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Favorites is just the new name for bookmarks bar on iOS since there isn't a bookmarks bar. It should probably be changed on OS X too for consistency. But I also think it's funny to see the term return to browsers after years of exile when everyone tried to distance themselves from Internet Explorer.
ominx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:26 PM   #11
Nermal
Moderator
 
Nermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Whakatane, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by ominx View Post
Favorites is just the new name for bookmarks bar on iOS since there isn't a bookmarks bar. It should probably be changed on OS X too for consistency. But I also think it's funny to see the term return to browsers after years of exile when everyone tried to distance themselves from Internet Explorer.
I think IE was actually the odd man out; Netscape was released before IE and it called them bookmarks. Not sure about Mosaic (edit: Looks like Mosaic called it the Hotlist).
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:48 PM   #12
YourHerojb
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
It just seems silly that bookmarks on OS X and iOS would be connected at this level.

I deleted and edited favorites on my iPhone because I don't need things like Facebook, Youtube and Pandora when all of those have dedicated apps, and Pandora is flash based, so there's absolutely no point to have a direct link to that on an iPhone.

After editing favorites, now my whole bookmarks bar on my computer is torn apart after getting used to all the command numbers for my sites I visit.
YourHerojb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 08:03 AM   #13
5t3f4n
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourHerojb View Post
It just seems silly that bookmarks on OS X and iOS would be connected at this level.

I deleted and edited favorites on my iPhone because I don't need things like Facebook, Youtube and Pandora when all of those have dedicated apps, and Pandora is flash based, so there's absolutely no point to have a direct link to that on an iPhone.

After editing favorites, now my whole bookmarks bar on my computer is torn apart after getting used to all the command numbers for my sites I visit.
Another reason for it to be synced with Top Sites, aside from it being more similar and logical.
Wonder what the chances of this happening before final release are...

Besides, I know many users that have have a gazillion bookmarks and folders in their "Favorites" bar in Safari.
It makes startup a bit laggy on OS X, but could probably crash entirely on iOS.
5t3f4n is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC