Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Aug 20, 2013, 04:38 PM   #1
zipur
macrumors 6502

IPOD vs Clip+ Best Music Player I'ver Ever Heard

I thought I had a good thing going. I have a IPOD and loved it for years. I have this small inline adapter (Fiio E1) which really brings out the IPOD sound. Then a friend of mine gave me this Sandisk Clip+. WOW! the sound blew my ears off, I ripped my Bose ear buds out and reconnect to my IPOD then back to the Sandisk. Beautiful sound out of such a small device. So I grabbed my Iphone4s, same thing. Grabbed my son's Sony MP3 player. It is truly unbelievable the Sandisk Clip plus was noticeably deep clear bass and crystal highs even insturements I've never noticed in a song. This thing is better then anything I've put in my head. I just had to share with the group.

Thumb resize.
zipur is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 05:35 PM   #2
kaielement
macrumors 6502a

I like still go with an iPod any day of the week. Have you seen the cheap build quality on the Clip. No thank you. Anyway just my thoughts.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 07:06 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Oh yeah, those Sansa players sound pretty good. But they aren't great otherwise. They lack personality, they feel really cheap, and the battery life sucks.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:35 AM   #4
Ffosse
macrumors regular

The Clip/+/Zip line were decent, cheap players back in the day which sounded good, but no better than an iPod.
Ffosse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 02:23 AM   #5
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

U will find Clip + sound like heaven if you are comparing with Ipod.

Ipod these days are more functionality than sound quality. Especially ipod touch series, people used for gaming... music not so much.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 05:25 AM   #6
Ffosse
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoonboy View Post
U will find Clip + sound like heaven if you are comparing with Ipod.

Ipod these days are more functionality than sound quality. Especially ipod touch series, people used for gaming... music not so much.
Volume-matched RMAA measurements show no difference between them, basically.
Ffosse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 04:59 PM   #7
FrankB1191
macrumors 6502a

I had a Sansa Clip+ and a Sony E-475. The Sansa knocked the socks off the Sony, mostly deeper bass and a richer sound. The only iPod I had to compare with at the time was my son's 4G, and it sounded about the same as the Sansa, and we didn't experience the dramatic difference we had heard with the Sony.
The Sansa players don't last very long, and are unwieldy to navigate, but if you want a $40 device that might last a few months, they're okay.

I use my iPod 5G to connect to my home stereo via Bluetooth, and the Sansa can't do anything like that. Samsung's Galaxy Players were very nice, with a very effective EQ system, as well as most of the features seen on the ipod (minus Bluetooth), but Samsung decided to yank them off the shelves after just a few months..... They offered 3.6", 4", 4.2", and 5" versions.
FrankB1191 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch