Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Hello MacRumors iPod community,

I am the author of iPod Evolution - as reviewed on TUAW (http://www.tuaw.com/2013/01/26/tuaw-bookshelf-ipod-evolution/) - and MyMac.com (http://www.mymac.com/2013/01/ipod-evolution-book-review/)

I am busy working on updates to the book and one thing I'd like to do is revamp the images used in the book. I own nearly every iPod Apple's ever made, but most of them are in used condition and the book would benefit greatly from high quality photography of collector quality devices.

Another big need is of packaging shots - as most of my iPods are used I don't have access to images of the unboxing process or even the original packaging.

It would also be great to have shots of the Harry Potter iPod and those other limited edition iPods.

So I am making a call for those with good photos of iPods to let me know what you have and how much it would cost, if any to license them from you. The book is not very profitable, but is more done to preserve the iPod legacy and history. There may be some money to license, but not a ton. I can supply a promo code to get a free copy of the book to those that can supply me some good images.

Anyways thanks for you time reading this - I really want to have iPod Evolution be the go to book for the iPod and am in need of some proper photography.

Thanks in Advance
Tim Chaten
iPodEvolution.net

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Thanks for the suggestion - my experience with iLounge so far has been fairly poor. For an iPod originated community/site they don't like to talk about or even mention the fact that other resources/books are available outside of their library of information.

I've contacted them directly with no response and the forums are equally non inviting for things like this.

It's sad because they do a great job with so many other things including reviews of past iPods and accessories.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
Wow that is a great little site they have - I'll reach out to them for the select iPod gear they have

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.