Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
I have got some great feedback on this forum before and I was wondering if I could pick your brains again.

My friend wanted a video to supplement a manifesto she had to supply for her fashion course so she came over and in about an hour we brainstormed this idea and shot it.

I then spent about an hour editing it as her deadline was today and here is the final product.

Not perfect and far from some of the shots I wanted but for a short amount of time to complete the work I thought it was better than nothing!

Would appreciate any feedback, good or bad, as long as it's constructive! Just to point out I didn't have any influence on the make up and clothing but just the way the video came together!

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Can you tell me why do we always got to have bang out music?. No person bothers with the correct music.
It says what you see. Girl running around with clothes.
One cant really say much. As long as she is happy???????? and you are happy with your work.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Can you tell me why do we always got to have bang out music?. No person bothers with the correct music.
It says what you see. Girl running around with clothes.
One cant really say much. As long as she is happy???????? and you are happy with your work.

When you say that no person bothers with the correct music what are you trying to say?

Does is share a feeling an emotion? What do you take from the video? I you just see it as a girl running around in clothes then it has missed the brief that we were going for.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
The music does not match the style. All we have a montage of video images with the girl changing into Flower Power cloths of the days of Woodstock in the 60s.
I get the feeling it is a exercise video for the girl. My question is......Is she happy with the end result?????
You have done your job.:cool:

boch82

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2008
I have got some great feedback on this forum before and I was wondering if I could pick your brains again.

My friend wanted a video to supplement a manifesto she had to supply for her fashion course so she came over and in about an hour we brainstormed this idea and shot it.

I then spent about an hour editing it as her deadline was today and here is the final product.

Not perfect and far from some of the shots I wanted but for a short amount of time to complete the work I thought it was better than nothing!

YouTube: video

Would appreciate any feedback, good or bad, as long as it's constructive! Just to point out I didn't have any influence on the make up and clothing but just the way the video came together!

I would have no idea that its supposed to be about fashion is you didnt say that at the beginning.....so more close ups and action (putting on the glass, putting the scarf on then going to her face smiling....) things like that will let the view know what you are highlighting...

This to me is a story about this girl and has nothing to do with fashion other than she keeps changing her clothes.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
This to me is a story about this girl and has nothing to do with fashion other than she keeps changing her clothes.

I should have probably mentioned that the video accompanied a written manifesto so that is where you should be able to draw the relationship. However, I was keen to see if anyone could extract the meaning without the manifesto.

I did have closeups of getting changed and putting the face paint on but my friend didn't want to focus on those aspects. She also choose the music.

boch82

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2008
I should have probably mentioned that the video accompanied a written manifesto so that is where you should be able to draw the relationship. However, I was keen to see if anyone could extract the meaning without the manifesto.

I did have closeups of getting changed and putting the face paint on but my friend didn't want to focus on those aspects. She also choose the music.

Always try and keep packages like that together.

I develop tons of content for trade show setups, corporate events, presentations and other live events. Its a different vision than creating a stand alone video since you need to keep in mind who the audience is and how it is presented (is someone introducing this video...will they repeat whats in the video....etc) since that will determine how things get interpreted.

Something like you video could be very impactful with the additional information you mentioned but as a standalone video doesnt tell the story you want, IMO.

pinholestars

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
I think it's great. I think the music fits very well, and, assuming it was you, fits the editing very well. As far as an abstract fashion video, I think you nailed it. The only shot i didn't care for was at the beginning where the girl walks away from the wall past the camera. I don't know why, but something about it felt off. Maybe it was how hard she was trying to NOT look at the camera :)

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Always try and keep packages like that together.

I think in future I will however, not entirely sure how to sync it in with this one and how to place it with the supplementary information.

I think it's great. I think the music fits very well, and, assuming it was you, fits the editing very well. As far as an abstract fashion video, I think you nailed it. The only shot i didn't care for was at the beginning where the girl walks away from the wall past the camera. I don't know why, but something about it felt off. Maybe it was how hard she was trying to NOT look at the camera :)

Cheers and thanks for pointing out the shot you don't like. I always find it fascinating to know which bits don't quite sync with people and their reasons.

For all the running from the wall shots I am a little annoyed I didn't get lower and more at her height as it feels like she is too small in the frame. It is also quite obvious in that particular take that she is looking far too hard behind the camera.

pinholestars

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
For all the running from the wall shots I am a little annoyed I didn't get lower and more at her height as it feels like she is too small in the frame. It is also quite obvious in that particular take that she is looking far too hard behind the camera.

To go along with that idea, I also think you maybe could have tracked with her to keep her larger in the frame the whole time.

Still, good job though :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.