Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
That is exactly how I feel. I do not need the 5s features. I don't feel the need to spend the extra money. And the colors really just have me wanting it. The 5s is nice but I am just not all that interested in it. I'd rather get the 5c and then get the iPad in October. However, everyone on the internet complaining about the 5c has me apprehensive. So it is nice to see another person with the same thoughts.

Heh, I think maybe some of the people "on the internet complaining about the 5C" are apprehensive themselves, getting a look at the thing and realizing it's not a low end cheap toy as some competitors were hoping. A lot of thought appears to have gone into everything about the 5C, not least a desire to keep quality in the picture while offering consumers more choice. And the price "on contract" seems quite reasonable for parents just looking to update the gear on their kids' lines.

CAWjr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 19, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Conventionally, it is never the S cycles that increase storage capacity. That said, I'm more interested in how much memory the device brings. As it stands, I need to upgrade since the battery of my 4S is long gone from its golden days.

3GS introduced 32GB, 4S introduced 64GB.

Conventionally...

21674698.jpg

MagicWok

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2006
London
Yep - another 4S user on the fence. Also had the 3GS previously... The jump from 3GS to 4S was huge - form factor, retina, speed and capacity.

This time around, I personally don't feel that there is enough innovation for the same jump this time around.

My upgrade will be to switch contract to a sim-only deal for 12 months. Wait it out on the 4S, or get a 5 off eBay till the iPhone 6.

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
I'm on the fence now, after today, but wasn't earlier in the week.

The way networks here in the UK have priced the 5C makes me think the 5S is going to be stupidly more expensive than normal!

billycuth

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2010
Yep - another 4S user on the fence. Also had the 3GS previously... The jump from 3GS to 4S was huge - form factor, retina, speed and capacity.

This time around, I personally don't feel that there is enough innovation for the same jump this time around.

My upgrade will be to switch contract to a sim-only deal for 12 months. Wait it out on the 4S, or get a 5 off eBay till the iPhone 6.

Really? It's gonna be more than twice as fast from a processor standpoint, and the camera should be a decent jump from the iphone 4s...

That alone has me interested. I am struggling with the color choice.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
Nope I expect it to rival and surpass a $30 Kmart P&S. I haven't obviously used a 5S yet, so probably shouldn't speculate, but the quality of the camera in the 4S and 5 doesn't even come close to budget P&Ss. With the knowledge, skill, experience and expertise Apple have, they should have been doing better than they have been. They are coasting at the moment, they're being lazy. They shouldn't be competing with a company that makes air conditioners.

You obviously haven't used a 5 yet either.

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
My 4S was on its last legs, and I was looking forward to upgrading to the 5S. But the lack of preorder killed it -- the nearest Apple store is an hour away, and I have three little kids. I can't spend all day in line (and possibly not even end up with a phone), and my 4S wasn't going to last weeks longer while I waited to order one online and wait for it to get here. So I caved and upgraded to the 5 yesterday. Like it very much, but really had been hoping to get the 5S.

You could always return it and order the 5S online, or ask a family member/friend to return it for you next week and exchange it for a 5S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.