Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ams86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
I created a project in iMovie, exported to iDVD to transfer it to a DVD. I would like to edit the movie but cannot seem to open it in iMovie. I see my other projects but not this particular one. I went into Finder and found it but when I click it so that it opens in iMovie, my other projects open in iMovie but not the particular one I need. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss and getting frustrated.

Nov 28, 2010
located
What movie do you want to open in iMovie? The one created by iDVD? If so, why not use the project you originally used to create the movie you exported to iDVD?

ams86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
I created it in iMovie.... then shared it to iDVD. What I am trying to do is edit it but it won't open in iMovie for me. There is an option for it to open in iMovie and when I click that option, iMovie opens but my project does not. So what I'm asking is how do I get my original project back into iMovie for editing? What am I not doing correctly?

Nov 28, 2010
located
I created it in iMovie.... then shared it to iDVD. What I am trying to do is edit it but it won't open in iMovie for me. There is an option for it to open in iMovie and when I click that option, iMovie opens but my project does not. So what I'm asking is how do I get my original project back into iMovie for editing? What am I not doing correctly?

Okay, which iMovie and iDVD versions do you use then and where is the option to open what in iMovie?
Can you make a screenshot or tow and attach it or them to your next post?

ams86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
Okay, which iMovie and iDVD versions do you use then and where is the option to open what in iMovie?
Can you make a screenshot or tow and attach it or them to your next post?

iMovie '11 is 9.0.8 and iDVD is version 7.1.2

Normally if I want to edit my project after I've completed it (or simply watch it in iMovie), it will appear in the Project Library in iMovie. In this case, it does not show up, which is not allowing me to edit what I need to edit. That is what the first screen shot is showing... there are only 4 projects. Should be 5 with my newest video added. The second shows that my project, "JoanProject" shows up under 'finder' in 'movies' so it has been saved.... but when I click on it to open in iMovie, iMovie opens but my project does not. Does that make sense?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-14 at 10.32.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-14 at 10.32.40 AM.png
    466 KB · Views: 82
  • Screen Shot 2013-05-14 at 10.33.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-14 at 10.33.38 AM.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 61
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.