Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Everyonce in a while, i'll plug the lightning cable into my phone and nothing happens. I've tried multiple cables and none work until finally, and randomly, my phone decides to accept the cable and starts charging. Anyone else ever have this problem on beta 3? I just got a new iPhone from apple as my last one got wet. If nobody else has this problem, I suppose its my phone itself.

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
Something like that happened to me once. I plugged my phone into my Mac and nothing happened. I tried it several times without success. Finally, I plugged the phone into the wall and that worked. Oddly, since then it's also worked when I've plugged it into the Mac.

grockk

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2006
Is it an iPhone 5?

Hard to see but pocket lint can make it so the contacts do make, and then no charging. I was getting frustrated mine would only charge one way and if flipped over it wouldn't work. Pulled so much pocket lint from the port!

I suppose an older dock connector may have same issue.

jwilson25

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2009
Everyonce in a while, i'll plug the lightning cable into my phone and nothing happens. I've tried multiple cables and none work until finally, and randomly, my phone decides to accept the cable and starts charging. Anyone else ever have this problem on beta 3? I just got a new iPhone from apple as my last one got wet. If nobody else has this problem, I suppose its my phone itself.

I've had this happen a couple times now as well. I plugged my phone in yesterday on a long drive for work, then happened to look down and noticed the battery was lower. I unplugged and replugged and then it worked fine.

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Interesting to see more people havent had this problem. Guess its my phone. Gonna have to revert back to ios 6 and bring it into apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.