Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:15 AM   #26
bembol
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occamsrazr View Post
I am bummed by my new iMac because I refuse to open a web browser.

I can't access any web pages on my new iMac and if that's the price I have to pay for my stance, then that's ok with me, but I still wish I could get to webpages.

Until Steve Jobs creates an application that allows me to browse web pages without using a web browser, I'll just have to do without.

Some people have said that I'm insane, but I just like to think of myself as responsibly cautious.
That's gold.

Seriously, I never knew about any of these until I read this thread.

We have all of them installed in all of our iMac's. Except for HDD had no issues.

I just got my new 27" today and now questioning it but mt nieces and nephews use it for games.
bembol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:20 AM   #27
HenryDJP
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occamsrazr View Post
I am bummed by my new iMac because I refuse to open a web browser.

I can't access any web pages on my new iMac and if that's the price I have to pay for my stance, then that's ok with me, but I still wish I could get to webpages.

Until Steve Jobs creates an application that allows me to browse web pages without using a web browser, I'll just have to do without.

Some people have said that I'm insane, but I just like to think of myself as responsibly cautious.
If you think Steve Jobs can fix your issue then you are insane.

Seriously though, that doesn't make sense what you're saying, no matter what application you use to browse webpages it will still be called a "web browser".
I hope you were being sarcastic in your entire post. I really do.
HenryDJP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:28 PM   #28
bobright
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkaufmann87 View Post
You should be happy! Apple totally agrees with you and doesn't install Flash, Java or Spotlight on OS X equipped machines!
Why do people stay away from flash? Coming over from Windows I installed it I believe the first day or so I got my unit...should/could I uninstall it?
bobright is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:06 PM   #29
Twimfy
macrumors 6502a

How to make a tinfoil hat
Twimfy is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:08 PM   #30
mikeorchard
macrumors regular

This thread is retarded. Install Silverlight. Stop being paranoid.
mikeorchard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:13 PM   #31
MEGrubb
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
If you think Steve Jobs can fix your issue then you are insane.

Seriously though, that doesn't make sense what you're saying, no matter what application you use to browse webpages it will still be called a "web browser".
I hope you were being sarcastic in your entire post. I really do.
He's definitely being sarcastic...
MEGrubb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:59 PM   #32
Kadath
macrumors regular

Tried going the user agent route. Every time I try to load tho it does a redirect to: nflx://www.netflix.com/WiPlayer?episodeid=70248471&movieid=70177057&trkid...etc which obviously fails out because safari doesnt know what to do with an nflx protocol call.... Any ideas on that?

And I can't Airplay to it because apparently you can only airplay from OSX to an Apple TV, you can't use it as a destination from an iDevice.
Kadath is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:46 AM   #33
TiBook550
macrumors member

If you really want to spend money as a work around to the free silverlight plugin, there's always: Air Server

Comes in a free trial to test it out first, though I can confirm it'll work mirroring Netflix on iOS to your Mac.

Last edited by TiBook550; Feb 14, 2013 at 01:56 AM.
TiBook550 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac