Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naz-dream-boys

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
I have an app which I want to delete all the in-app data from, so it acts like a brand new app which I have never used before.
Is there a way to do this? I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling through the app store, deleting the app through itunes but both ways when I install it, my previous data is still there.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Is there a way to do this? I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling through the app store

That should have done it. Are you sure it's not re-downloading information from the app's own cloud servers?

Is it a game? Some of them store info in Game Center. The only solution then is to log out of Game Center or find an in-app menu option to clear data. (Which it should have if that's what's happening.)

naz-dream-boys

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
That should have done it. Are you sure it's not re-downloading information from the app's own cloud servers?

Is it a game? Some of them store info in Game Center. The only solution then is to log out of Game Center or find an in-app menu option to clear data. (Which it should have if that's what's happening.)

I'm not sure, I think it might be possible. If it is then is there a way to change my details so it looks like a new device? My phone is jailbroken so Cydia apps are fine

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.