Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roobp57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
has anyone else experienced this in fontexplorer Pro? It only happens when importing certain fonts. Some fonts are placed into the "No Family Name" group. These fonts display and print correctly without a problem, its just bizarre. If anyone knows of a fix then please let us know.

Last edited:

roobp57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
I have still not found a solution or even why this is happening, so this thread is still active. If anyone knows whats going on and how to fix it please post. thanks

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
There is nothing bizarre about it. Some foundry's do not properly setup the typeface family name. You have three choices:
  1. Buy a type editor and do the job yourself.
  2. Contact the foundry and perhaps it will correct its mistake and save you the money.
  3. Live with it.

roobp57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
The strange thing is with two of my fonts (I forget which ones) they were put in the correct family the first time I imported them. I had to delete them and re-import, and thats when they went into the 'no family name' group. Thats what prompted me to consider there might be something else to this.

Does this happen frequently to many other people?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.