Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I hope it can be disabled. I don't mind it myself, but my wife is one of those people who gets sick (motion sickness?) when watching 3D movies or playing video games, like the OP is describing. It's not an overreaction, guys; some people are just really sensitive to that kind of visual effect. Drives me nuts TBH (my wife hates video games, which means no multiplayer deathmatches, etc) but it's not like she chooses to get physically ill when she sees my iOS7 springboard.

It can be.

Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce motion

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
iOS 5.0 Betas: "All they did was steal from Android! :mad: "
iOS 6.0 Betas: "All they did was add a few features, nothing major! :mad: "
iOS 7.0 Betas: "All they did was make the icons look dumb! :mad: "

Can't wait to see what iOS 8.0 brings about.

Trius

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
I hope it can be disabled. I don't mind it myself, but my wife is one of those people who gets sick (motion sickness?) when watching 3D movies or playing video games, like the OP is describing. It's not an overreaction, guys; some people are just really sensitive to that kind of visual effect. Drives me nuts TBH (my wife hates video games, which means no multiplayer deathmatches, etc) but it's not like she chooses to get physically ill when she sees my iOS7 springboard.

Oh ffs people... If this is making you sick, you need to be living in a bubble..

Seriously..

Drunken Master

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2011
I have just installed iOS 7 beta 1 in my iPhone 4s and I don't really know why, but IT MAKES ME SICK!!

I think that it is a combination of the increasing number of animations, and the background moving all the time. There are al lot of reference points moving arround. I feel the same than when you travel on a boat.

The colors doesn't help too much, they are too bright and everything is white and ugly colorful and plain. I really don't like it at all.

I have made this image that represents what I feel:

[url=http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8717/img5112copiae.jpg]Image[/URL]

I really hate the new color schemes, the animations, the 3x3 apps folders (3x3 really??), and the eye hurting ultra bright white menus.

For those who say that I'm not a designer... That's right, but I'm telling that this iOS version makes me feel bad.

To be a little bit positive, I love the new safari concept, with going back and forward pullers just like in desktop safari, the fullscreen mode, etc... But the white color scheme with those thin icons.. come on.... It is hard to see...

yawn-o.gif

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Oh ffs people... If this is making you sick, you need to be living in a bubble..

Seriously..

It doesn't make me sick, it makes my wife sick. And when you've been married as long as I have, you'll figure out that it's best not to argue with the wife about little stuff like iPhones and iOS7's parallax homescreen layers. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.