|Nov 21, 2012, 09:55 AM||#26|
I use both extensively for work. My usage pattern is roughly something like this:
- read and annotate pdf files (which I can do for several hours every day)
- note taking
- it's my primary device when I go to conferences or seminars, especially when I'm away for a full day. This is because I never have to worry about battery running out or internet access (having a 3G version), and I also like the opportunity to take hand written notes.
- some writing, depending on what I'm doing and where I am
- web surfing and emailing while at home - I usually leave my Air in my office during week days
- this is where I do the majority of my writing, data analysis and project management.
I often find that I use the two devices side by side. For example, I might read and annotate a document on the iPad while taking notes on my Air, or I might be reading data transcripts on my iPad while mind mapping on the Air.
I personally find the 13" very portable, but of course it's a little bit bigger than the iPad. I assume the 11" would be very similar to the iPad, but I wanted the bigger screen and additional battery life of the 13", and I found that for my purposes, the iPad and the 11" would overlap too much.
For me, getting rid of the iPad would be a significant loss, but I think this really comes down to use patterns and the you might find that the Air covers all your needs effectively.
|Nov 22, 2012, 04:37 PM||#27|
I just sold my iPad to get a mba.. will buy an iPad mini whenever but yeahhhh
kaossilator in your daily kit? you dirty hipster... might I recomend a korg microKontrol so you can get some real work done
MBP 15" 2012 i7 / MBA (on the way)
Ableton Live 8, Novation Launchpad, Novation SL25mKII, NI Maschine Mikro, NI Traktor Kontrol S2
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|13" MBA & iPad Mini/iPad Air Carrying case combination||michaelsviews||MacBook Air||4||Apr 16, 2014 07:33 AM|
|All iPads: iPad Mini and MBA or just iPad Air?||roop27||iPad||16||Nov 9, 2013 12:25 AM|
|Can MBA 2014 improves upon current MBA similar to iPad Air vs. iPad 4th gen?||prism1212||MacBook Air||2||Oct 29, 2013 02:15 PM|
|iPad: Question for those with an iPad and MBA||ihawkins01||iPad||14||Nov 14, 2012 09:16 AM|
|iPad or MBA question||Parabola||Buying Tips and Advice||11||Jul 31, 2012 06:01 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.