Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knucklehead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2003
I managed to lock myself out of my nice new Nexus 4....

The phone is encrypted, and in the process of "upgrading" my password to a more secure one, I managed to lock myself out :mad:

I've been trying various ways that I might have mistyped the new password twice in the setup process, but am getting weary of that. I think the best way would be to just start fresh ... I think ?

The phone was backed up to Google, but there really isn't anything on the phone that I can't get back just by logging on to various accounts.

This: Edit: Removed crappy link :eek:) seems like it should easy, and do the trick ... but I find some pretty convoluted, geeky alternatives, in searching around on the web.

Just thought I'd check here before moving forward --- I'm a bit disgusted right now, and just walking away from it till tomorrow ...

Thanks

Last edited:

knucklehead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2003
I got my phone restored, but it took a bit of time with Google support.

If this happens to anyone else, don't wast your time mucking around with all the bad information on the web - just call Google support!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.