Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Apr 21, 2015, 08:14 AM   #301
Huntn
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardofwoz View Post
George's clever use of the English language must seem daunting to people used to Marvel comics.
This kind of prose flows for me. GRRM weaves a thrilling, easy reading story, although I'm still on Feast of Crows- slow reader. :

Quote:
“That’s my good boy.” The rule was hers; Cersei did not mean to give it up until Tommen came of age. I waited, so can he. I waited half my life. She had played the dutiful daughter, the blushing bride, the pliant wife. She had suffered Robert’s drunken groping, Jaime’s jealousy, Renly’s mockery, Varys with his titters, Stannis endlessly grinding his teeth. She had contended with Jon Arryn, Ned Stark, and her vile, treacherous, murderous dwarf brother, all the while promising herself that one day it would be her turn. If Margaery Tyrell thinks to cheat me of my hour in the sun, she had bloody well think again.”

Excerpt From: George R. R. Martin. “A Feast for Crows.” Bantam Books, 2005. iBooks. This material may be protected by copyright.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:51 PM   #302
impulse462
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardofwoz View Post
George's clever use of the English language must seem daunting to people used to Marvel comics.
lol, is this supposed to be some kind of insult? "Clever use of the English language"- give me a break. If you want some real clever use of the English language, try Jane Austen.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 01:21 PM   #303
lizardofwoz
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse462 View Post
lol, is this supposed to be some kind of insult? "Clever use of the English language"- give me a break. If you want some real clever use of the English language, try Jane Austen.
Did you mean 'really clever'?
lizardofwoz is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Tags
game of thrones, television, television shows